Glenside Commercials Ltd Privacy Notice
This notice was last updated: Monday 21st May 2018
How Glenside Commercials Ltd uses your information
- Who we are
We are Glenside Commercials Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 01230498.
We are also registered with the Information Commissioner's Officer with registration number Z2692182. This registration covers the uses of personal information set out below.
- How we collect your personal information and why
Glenside Commercials Ltd (we, us, our) may need to collect personal information about you, and there are different ways that we might do so; this privacy notice tells you what to expect when we process personal information related to:
- anyone who purchases a vehicle;
- anyone who uses our service and maintenance services;
- anyone who subscribes to receive marketing;
- customer experience and satisfaction surveys and reviews;
- Purchasing a vehicle
When you visit us to purchase a vehicle, we will need to collect information from you relating to your purchase.
This personal information includes the purchaser's name, address, vehicle registration number and payment details, which are a contractual necessity without which we cannot proceed with your purchase. If you are purchasing on behalf of a business but are not the business owner we will also collect this information about the owner. We will also collect your name, address (if different from the purchaser's) contact details, email, business name (if applicable) and the number of vehicles, operating locations and employees. It is in our legitimate interests to collect this additional information in order to manage and administer your purchase and our relationship with you; for example, we may call you to let you know that your vehicle is ready to be delivered and therefore deliver to the appropriate operating location.
When collecting personal information, we will complete an order confirmation form and manually input the information in to our electronic systems within 7 days and store the hard copy form.
One of the systems is provided, maintained and hosted by ADP in United Kingdom, who is a provider of industry standard software solutions. A copy of ADP's privacy notice is available at https://www.adp.co.uk/privacy-statement . Salesforce is the other system that we use to store our data and their privacy notice is available at https://www.salesforce.com/uk/company/privacy/ .
We will also hold personal information related to your purchase in a hard copy file in a secure physical filing system, at the centre that you attended when you made a purchase.
All hard copy and electronic files will be destroyed after 7 years.
- Vehicle maintenance and service
You may also visit us to have your vehicle maintained and/or service and we will process your personal when you do.
We will collect your and (if different) the vehicle owner's name and address, the vehicle registration number and your payment details as a contractual necessity in order to provide you with a service. If you do not provide these details, we will not be able to provide you with our services.
We will also collect your contact details, email, the business name (if applicable) number of vehicles, your operating locations and number of employees. If you are not the business owner we will also collect the name and contact details of the business owner, and it will be your responsibility to ensure that such person is provided with a copy of this notice. It is in our legitimate interests to collect this information in order to tailor the service we provide; for example, to call you to give you an update on the progress of the service or on the arrival of an ordered part.
We will collect your personal information in a hard copy form and manually input the information into our electronic system and destroy the hard copy. All electronic files are stored on our CRM system provided, maintained and hosted by ADP in United Kingdom. ADP is a provider of industry standard software solutions and a copy of their privacy notice can be found at https://www.adp.co.uk/privacy-statement.
All electronic records are deleted after 7 years.
- Subscribing to marketing
If you have consented to receive marketing and promotional material or updates and reminders we will collect your contact details (name and email address) and vehicle details (make and model) to provide you with such communications. We will provide you with a clear choice to opt into receiving these communications at the time of your consenting to receive them.
We use a combination of third parties providers, Salesforce and Mailchimp to manage our marketing communications. They will manage opt-ins, the correspondence and opt-outs on our behalf. If you ever decide you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can do so at any time by unsubscribing from the mailing list, using the link provided in the marketing email, or by using the contact details below. If you do unsubscribe, please note that we will still keep your email in our systems marked with your preferences so that we can make sure that you do not receive these communications again in the future.
- Customer satisfaction and experience surveys and reviews
We use your name, contact details, vehicle registration and business name in our legitimate interests to conduct customer satisfaction surveys, and/or to ask you about your customer experience and obtain reviews from you. We will not be marketing to you when we are obtaining this feedback unless you have consented to receiving marketing.
If you have purchased or serviced a vehicle from any of our preferred manufactures we will also share the personal information we use for feedback with the manufacturer and its partners for its legitimate interests to conduct its own feedback exercise. The manufacture will be responsible for its own use of personal data and we recommend that you contact them directly if you have any questions.
You can object to our use of personal data for this purpose at any time by contacting us using the details below. You can also object to our sharing your personal information with manufacturers and we will honour your request if we have not already shared it. If we have shared the personal information with any manufacturers we will let them know about your request but they may require you to contact them personally.
We have a written agreement in place with all our manufacturer to ensure they protect your personal information while it is in their control.
- Disclosure of personal information
Other than as set out in Section 2, we do not transfer personal data outside of the EEA. We will not usually disclose your personal information other than as already explained in Section 2 above. However, there may be circumstances where we need to share personal information other than as anticipated in Section 2 above. These include:
- where we are legally required to disclose the information. This includes sharing the personal information with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime;
- where we need to disclose the personal information for the purpose of or in connection with any legal proceedings, or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- disclosure is required to protect the our interests, or someone else's interests (for example, to prevent fraud);
- disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests (for example if you are unwell at our premises, we may need to seek medical assistance);
- it is to a third party for the purposes of providing administrative or processing services on our behalf. If such disclosure is required we will take steps to ensure that the third party protects the personal information in the same way that we do and notify you of any changes to this privacy notice; and
- to any prospective purchaser of our business assets or organisation.
- Keeping personal information accurate and secure
We review the personal information we hold electronically about you on an ongoing basis. We do this by checking business details and contacts against publically available records and updating your details each time you visit or contact us. We know that you provide your personal information in good faith and expect it to be look after. This is why we take the security of your personal information seriously. This means that we have taken steps internally in order to ensure that our systems adequately protect your personal information. This includes:
- physical security measures at all our premises including internal and external CCTV images;
- locating all personal information that we control on internal servers and Microsoft Cloud servers located in the United Kingdom;
- ensuring strict access controls on a need to know basis;
- monitoring access to the personal information; and
- encryption of the personal information on our servers.
- Your rights
You have rights in respect of your personal information and this Section explains a bit more about those rights that are applicable to what we do with your personal information and when you can exercise them. If you would like more information about any of your rights, please contact us on the details set out below.
- Withdrawing consent
Where you have explicitly consented to receiving marketing communications, you can withdraw consent at any time during the application process. If you wish to withdraw consent, please do so by sending your request in writing to our contact details below.
- Accessing your personal information
We want you to fully understand and be comfortable with how we use your personal information. You can contact us at any time to ask whether we process any personal information about you. If we do hold or use your personal information in any way, you have the right to access that personal information. All we ask is that:
- you make your request to access in writing to the contact details below;
- you verify your identity; and
- you are fair and reasonable with how often you make this kind of request.
Please allow us up to one month from receipt of your request in order to provide a response.
- Requesting more information
We hope that you can understand that it is very difficult to cover all the possible ways in which we collect and use personal information. We have tried to be as clear and as open as we can and will continue to update this privacy notice as our use of personal information develops. However, if you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information, we will be happy to give you peace of mind by answering any questions or providing any additional information that we can. If you do have any specific questions, or need anything explaining, please get in touch on the contact details below.
- Additional rights
You also have some additional rights that you may exercise as set out here. We may publish a policy, from time to time, to explain how we will handle such requests and what you can expect from us when you make a request to exercise your rights. If we do publish any such policy, we will provide a link to it here. In each instance we may ask you to make your request in writing to the contact addresses below and provide verification of your identity.
- You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccuracy about you that we may hold, in which case we may ask you to verify the corrected information (for example, we may ask for a recent utility bill for proof of change of address)
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal information. Please be aware that we can only comply with such a request if
- your personal information is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for (for example, we need your personal information to say that a vehicle is ready to be collected)
- the collection, storage or use of the personal information by us is prevented by law;
- your personal information is not required for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim such as in the conduct of legal proceedings.
- You have the right to request that we restrict or refrain from processing your personal information:
- for the time it takes us to verify the accuracy of your personal information where you have disputed its accuracy;
- where the collection, storage or use of the personal information by us is unlawful but you decide not to ask for erasure;
- where, we no longer need your personal information but you need them for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim;
- for the time it takes to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground to continue to process your personal information, where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- You have the right to data portability in respect of information we have collected from you based on consent or for the reason of entering into a contract. If you exercise this right, we will transfer a copy of the information that you have provided to us at your request.
- You have the right to object to our use of your personal information:
- where we are using that information based on our legitimate interests, and where we do not have compelling overriding grounds to continue to use your personal information; or
- at any time, where we use your personal information to send you the newsletter or any other type of direct marketing, in which case it will no longer be used for that purpose, but may use it for another lawful purpose.
You are important to us, and so is protecting your personal information. We have high standards when it comes to collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive from you about our use of your personal information very seriously and request that you bring any issues to our attention.
Where you are communicating with us for the purpose of making a complaint, we will only use your personal information to handle, investigate and respond to the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. Where the complaint is about a member of our team, we may have to disclose your identity to whoever the complaint is about. You may let us know that you don't want information that identifies you to be disclosed and we will try to respect your request; however, it may not be always possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
If you are unhappy, you can also contact the Information Commissioner's office to make a complaint directly.
- Updating this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review in order to ensure that it properly reflects our use of personal information. This privacy notice was last reviewed on Monday 21st May 2018.
- How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
- Post: Data Protection Officer, Glenside Commercials Ltd, 18 Greenway, Bedwas House Industrial Estate, Caerphilly CF83 8DW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 02920858000